Purrfect

We need your opinion!

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Purrfect    60

Hello, dear friends! 

1534609714_1312312.jpg

As you have probably heard, in the future we are planning to open a new server, oriented on the European players, with the phisical server in Europe (Germany) for better ping.

As it turned out, some Russian players are also interested in the new server, so the topic also exists in Russian (in the Russian section of the forum). 

However, every server must have some differences. In view of our previous mistakes in the work on the existing server and realities of Aion concepts - we have decided to add some changes. We would like to discuss it with you. We would like to hear your thoughts on this subject, your advice and critics.

Now we have the following scheme:

- the server opens and quite a lot of players join it;
- the players are leveling up, develop their characters, gear up and enchant at maximum;
- they actively participate in various PvP events, enchant their gearb;
- they start losing interest in the game as they have reached all the tops: got fully geared, enchanted and are in the top of the ranks;
- online of the server declines due to the previous point. 

Our proposals for the new server:

- monthly reset of the glory ranking (to the officer 2nd in order to let players wear their gear);
- monthly reset of the legion ranking to 0.

We hope that such resets will save interest in the game as well as give an opportunity to the newly joined players and legions to become the best in a short period of time, so they won't need to run after the "dead" leaders for the long time.

PvP ranking of the server events:

- displaying on the website the rankings of different PvP events: Arenas, Dregeons, Iron Wall Warfront, Kamar Battlefield, Ophidan Warpath
- monthly reset of the rankings;
- rewards for the top players in PvP events.

So to say, we are going to create some kind of seasonal games, which will let to increase (in theory) the interest in playing on the server.

Please, let us know what you're thinking on this subject. We would like to hear fair criticism. What didn't we take note about and what don't we understand?

Поделиться сообщением

Impact    8
5 hours ago, Purrfect said:

monthly reset of the glory ranking (to the officer 2nd in order to let players wear their gear);

Hell no...

• Like 2

Поделиться сообщением

globosud    14

if you want the new server to have a long future, don't make the mistakes of the past. no double reward a bastion, forcing players into katalam with different drop. Force players in arenas with different drops. online pvp ranking to be reset each month with rewards, pvp ranking of victories in the arena with reset every month, balancing factions from the beginning. If you enter 1 ceranium for every 500 battle medal, you will have a live and full pvp katalam, It is important to focus the gameplay on the player rankings, but not for glory points, but for arena wins and pvp kills. Organize online pvp tournaments from the start. Eliminate serums from the game for the first 6 months / 1 year, Eliminate double manastones for 1 year. Enter the double manastons and in-game serums when 50% of the players will be full gear pvp. Players must play with the medal battle set for at least 6 months before switching to the abyss. The siege rewards must be lowered, maximum 2 ceranium for the first rank in the katalam and 1 in the abyss. You will always have a patch, 4.6 so the rewards all must be half. The abyss set must need twice the time of an official patch server.

• Confused 1

Поделиться сообщением

globosud    14
Только что, globosud сказал:

if you want the new server to have a long future, don't make the mistakes of the past. no double reward a bastion, forcing players into katalam with different drop. Force players in arenas with different drops. online pvp ranking to be reset each month with rewards, pvp ranking of victories in the arena with reset every month, balancing factions from the beginning. If you enter 1 ceranium for every 500 battle medal, you will have a live and full pvp katalam, It is important to focus the gameplay on the player rankings, but not for glory points, but for arena wins and pvp kills. Organize online pvp tournaments from the start. Eliminate serums from the game for the first 6 months / 1 year, Eliminate double manastones for 1 year. Enter the double manastons and in-game serums when 50% of the players will be full gear pvp. Players must play with the medal battle set for at least 6 months before switching to the abyss. The siege rewards must be lowered, maximum 2 ceranium for the first rank in the katalam and 1 in the abyss. You will always have a patch, 4.6 so the rewards all must be half. The abyss set must need twice the time of an official patch server.

Поделиться сообщением

globosud    14

if you leave everything as the official patch, you will have full abyss player in 3 months, and those players will leave the game in 6 months, because they will have nothing to do anymore. In conclusion I tell you the most important points.

1) Siege and bastion rewards of half compared to the official server.

2) Forcing players to play in battle medal sets, for at least 6 months 1 year with less chance of making ceranium.

3) Enter serums only through events, but at least one year after the server is opened

4) insert the double manastones one year after opening the server.

If you leave everything as it is now, or as the official, the server will last a maximum of 6 months, then it will become empty.

One last tip, if you want to have a live katalam, let the serum, you can take them only by exchanging 2000 medal battle x 1 serum but after 6 months / 1 year from the server opening. You must understand that if the katalm is alive the game will be alive, so the whole game must be based on the battle medal farming
Изменено пользователем globosud
  • Confused 1

Поделиться сообщением

globosud    14
18 минут назад, globosud сказал:

make sense, at the arena set, set abyss 60 and 50, and battle medal set. You can give importance to those sets only if you give half of the ceranium rewards in the siege and bastion.  

The players are selfish, resetting the points to the legion will not change anything, the only possibility you have for making the server last for a long time is to make the final set very difficult

Поделиться сообщением

faye    4

Instead of making full reset every month, do it 6 in 6 months, and penalize players which are innactive for more than a month so that they start losing a huge ammount of GP if they don't play. (example: 1k per day) until they reach army 2 ofc so they can still use gear

Remove afk events, that's the worst thing ever. Make active events, such as pvp events (example: open world pvp event who makes more kills in high ranks), arenas in pande/sanctum and when server is high populated introduce world boss events, such as the one official made in silentera, etc. 

Regarding dungeons, you should leave it as it is right now, don't boost or decrease drop chance.

I don't agree not even a bit with the last post, people who reach max gear want active server to pvp/pve, they don't want to quit game because they don't have things to do, that happens only in dead servers. If you have new active events coming every week/month and server is active to actually participate on them, everyone will enjoy playing. You know what kills a server from start? Making people play 1 year to reach max gear, no one wants to play for farming, that's being a bot and not a player.

Изменено пользователем faye
  • Like 2

Поделиться сообщением

globosud    14
another useful idea is to create two markets on the site, 1 for euro and 1 for battle medal. For example, the possibility of exchanging on the site, a medal battle number for an enchant, or for a manastone and for a mount or for a box for extend weapon. In this way the katalam would always be alive and therefore also the pvp and the server
  • Like 1

Поделиться сообщением

globosud    14

game on gold aion since the server was opened, when a player reaches the end game gear, he starts asking for different events, but no event will make him happy. If you want to keep the players interested in the game you have to extend the time for the end game gear, because otherwise they will go on other projects in max 6 mounths.

I wrote the solution to make the server last for a long time, I hope they will listen to me

Поделиться сообщением

Impact    8

Whatever you are trying to do,you need to take in consideration that you shouldn't punish active players who are willing to grind daily in order to make seldom-active players satisfied.Ncsoft NA had a system where if u don't get certain amount of GP weekly u get removed from rank list completely.If you want to do ranks reset,fine,but after resetting give ranking people good,PVP based rewards so their grind isn't futile.

13 hours ago, faye said:

Remove afk events, that's the worst thing ever.

Indeed worst thing,but unfortunately it was an event that was worth doing.Last 5 of your events weren't worth doing,or even more.So of course people won't do them.You need to give good rewards to give interest.

Поделиться сообщением

globosud    14

I re-write, becouse for me  only if you make these changes will the server last long. and with many players

if you leave everything as the official patch, you will have full abyss player in 3 months, and those players will leave the game in 6 months, because they will have nothing to do anymore. In conclusion I tell you the most important points.

1) Siege and bastion rewards of half compared to the official server.

2) Forcing players to play in battle medal sets, for at least 6 months 1 year with less chance of making ceranium.

3) Enter serums only 6mounths/ 1 year after the server is opened

4) insert the double manastones 6mounths/ 1 year after opening the server.

5)  to create two markets on the site web , 1 for euro and 1 for battle medal. For example, the possibility of exchanging on the site, a medal battle number for an enchant, or for a manastone and for a mount or for a box for extend weapon. In this way the katalam would always be alive and therefore also the pvp 

Remember if katalam  dies, the server closes

Поделиться сообщением

Raidou    0

Just thought I'd leave some thoughts I have been entertaining for awhile regarding Aion in general...

One way to lengthen progression is to emphasize a step based progression process where BiS gear takes a much larger amount of time to attain but the entry pvp gear are good enough to remain competitive and are much easier to get relative to the BiS. If done correctly, people will spend a large amount of time maxing out this transition gear (ideally getting to +20 which should be made much easier for these starter gear) while still remaining relevant vs players that are decked out in BiS.

You could also maybe remove plumes and then make tempering solutions incredibly rare, like maybe event reward only. The hope is that the actual bonus from the tempering solutions is small enough so that players that have been playing for a large period of time won’t have too large of an advantage.

Another idea would be to lengthen the leveling process quite significantly. What better way to lengthen vertical progression than the obvious goal for leveling. However, this would be quite difficult to implement. Firstly, it would require a revamp of leveling bonuses and skill acquisition levels. The idea is to remove the level restriction on weapons and also to remove the bonus mres gained against someone lower level than you. In addition, by adjusting skill acquisition levels to say, acquire all skills by 30, level will not matter much in PvP and so people won't feel the need to level up quickly. However, levels would still need to matter a bit in order to motivate people to level. Therefore, I also suggest levels to increase PVE damage dealt and decrease PVE damage taken and then adjust PVE content accordingly to make it much more difficult. In addition to revamping leveling bonuses, it would also require a revamp of the leveling process as well which would be difficult to sort out.

Also, what do you guys think about opening legion pvp somehow? It would be nice to kill other players of the same race since people can be real dicks sometimes. Also it would create drama which takes up peoples time which would in turn, lengthen progression.

Kind of an unrelated note though, what do you all think about removing some of the maps? I feel like in the current state of 4.6, there are too many maps which not only dilutes the population between maps but also makes it kind of confusing and feels empty/useless. I feel like some maps like tiamantra and sarpan could be removed and temporarily opened during some scheduled events like an expedition where you have limited key essence tapping spawns and some key mobs with good drops that do not respawn, randomly hidden all throughout the map. It could also be maybe an ffa kind of thing or maybe just the nature of the rewards would discourage zerging since you can't really share the rewards when its a first come first serve for limited supply.

Поделиться сообщением

globosud    14
hi 

on the official game, when I played in 2013 at 4.6, before finishing the abyss, I made my set battlemedal + 10, on the official aion 4.6 they played 5k players, it was difficult during the siege to make rank 1 and take 4 ceranium, the players had difficulty doing bastion at that time, there were few guilds that managed to finish bastion, it took a long time before we went to set abyss. when I played on goldaion, in two months I was full abyss, because in the eye of tiamaranta, we were few, and so I did 1kk of abyss point a day, on the officer at that time, it was impossible we were so many to divide the keys there was very pvp it was impossible farrming of abyss point in solo. If you do not follow my advice, it will also be so on goldaion eu, and I assure you that in 6 months you will have the same problems you had with gold aion ru. Resetting the rank is useless, even negative, but making the equip, the drop of ceranium longer will be much better. I play in aion from 10 YEARS, and on gold from the beginning. trust me. The players are experts they know 4.6, they know all the instances, in a very short time they will do all the instances and in 3 months many players will no longer know what to do in the game, and therefore they will not need to go to the katalam and the eye, don't will be more pvp and the server will be empty. and everyone crying on the forum to ask for events, but you already know that, when players don't know what to do, no event will change that, and everyone will go to other servers

Поделиться сообщением

Jubilen    19

it's true that the high speed of the gearing up process will make people leave the game faster, but having such a slow gearing up process on a non official server will also make most of the players quit A LOT faster than what you guys can expect, couse they are looking for places where to play chill, not some other crap like retail to tryhard, if you increase the time that everyone has to spend in order to gear up then there is really no point in chosing gold aion over something else since "as my point of view": i don't really like doing 1000 sieges in order to just make a decent gear for pvp that is the main feature of the patch, adding events (not afk ones) that are providing usefull rewards through PvPvE contents (such as number of pvp kills or open world bosses) and yeah resetting ranks for glory points as well but not too often would be really a nice improvements, and also the idea that @globosud explained before was a really good one! i mean the one of making a Battle Medal/Blood Mark shop that surely would increase the activity rate in both Katalam and Danaria. Another huge topic is the faction balance, just try to check on the server status the more often that you can in order to avoid what happened on the russian one from the beginning.

Even tho my proposal is aiming to not making the gearing up process slow at all, I still find myself agreeing to what's said before about the serums, they shouldn't be able to be taken before 6 months or so from the beginning of the server, couse they should be obtainable only through events (and still at a low percentage in my opinion).

Hoping that this can clarify what me and a lot of other players are truly searching from a retroserver, greetings.

• Like 2

Поделиться сообщением

globosud    14

For my opinon,  the important thing is to have a live katalam, for a good pvp the important thing is to have the same set. In the official server 6 years old with 4.6, we used to do pvp for a long time with the set bm because going solo in tiamaranta eye with 5k of player on the server was impossible, even making rank 1 ai siege was very difficult and at that time also bastion was very difficult. For final set you needed 1 year. In goldaion ru, I didn't need to do anything, because my set abyss was fine for everything.

on gold aion the players logged into the server only to do bastion and siege, and then they moved out. I hope the new server will be different, and all content will have same importance

• Like 1

Поделиться сообщением

pau23    3

Hello, 

Just wanted to quickly write down my opinion on the new server, and how I'd like it to be.

These are the features that I'd include:

1. 4.75 PATCH: In this patch (including 4.7) there's lots of changes to maps, adding Akaron and Kaldor, so there's lots of more things to do. For example, there's Kaldor sieges, there's Beritra's Invasions, there's Pangea, there's Akaron Agents, Runatorium, lvl 65 Divine Fortress sieges, etc. Also, there's new enchanted sets (Runatorium, hyperion, etc), new craftable weapons, and the most important, the breakthrough system. This allows players to +20 their gear, making gear progression take a longer time, which i think that is good, but it shouldn't take players more than six months to fully max their gear.
  2. BIG PVP EVENTS: Such as raid bosses, arena events, and all of that. I think that they will bring more people to the server, and having some people upload the fights in youtube and streaming would have a big impact in the population of the server. You have to encourage people to get PvP rewards by actually doing pvp, not just jumping in Pande and then selling temperings for 200kk.
  3. GP RESETS: I'd do them every three months, although every two months is still good, to balance a bit the server. Since 4.75 has lots of other ways for you to obtain gp, you could even lower this to a month and a half or so. GP resets are a must for the server.
  4. CONTROL RACE IMBALANCE: I think that this a must for a healthy server, you just can't have a 2:1, or 3:1 asmo-to-elyo ratio, just like we had some months before, and during the hole history of the server.
  5. MAKE TEMPERINGS HARD TO GET: Make them drop at events, such as raid bosses or arenas, but only like 5-10% probability. Also, on these events, make people get Dragon King's Weapons, but at a double or so probability to drop than Temperings.
  6. BM EXCHANGE: Probably like 600-800bm for DK's Weapon, and have some other rewards for BM. 

I think that's all for me, I've thought about this a lot and spoke to some friends about it, and they have pretty much the same opinion as me, specially on the 4.75 patch thing. I know that you said that you weren't going to update it, but really, i think that it will make for a special server (since there's no other 4.75 server active and european).

Best regards,

NoobGlad/Gladerino

• Like 1

Поделиться сообщением

faye    4
Glory System - If you are innactive for more than a month your GP starts decreasing 500 points daily, until you reach army 2 star as to keep your gear Cera medals - 2 Ceras max per fort + composite bag / 4 Ceras Bastion / 2 Ceras per KKM PvP daily quests - kill 10 elyos/asmos in Katalam/Danaria get 15k ap Siege - If one faction gets to many forts, the losing faction should get pvp buff earlier (0/1 forts) / If a faction holds all abyss forts, the losing faction should have 1 rift open for KKM but if they want additional rifts they must do siege Pve events - 4 runs hyperion instead of 2 for a week / Shugo Tomb / Final bosses have higher chance of dropping temperings for a week / Event bosses drop special tokens which can be exchanged in ingame event shop for enchants/composites etc Pvp events - Active monthly system players with most pvp kills will get their name on website + get expensive skin from goldaion shop + 30 days title / Spawn bosses in pvp locations like mastarius/veille/silentera and if you are able to kill/defend it for one hour you get 300 GP FayeToday at 4:07 PM Faction balance - if one faction starts getting to many people it should'nt be closed, the losing faction should have incentives to lvl in that side so instead of x2 more xp it should have x4 more xp and once you reach 65 you get instantly 500 BM (if you are a new player you can see this directly at that screen that one faction has benefits and the other don't)(edited)

Weekly BM quests - It should be the exact same but per garrison it should drop also special tokens (worse ones for example 10 makes 1 normal token) and they can again exchange it in ingame event shop for enchants/composites

NEVER MAKE/GIVE: afk events / free temperings/manastones/composites / never make better or lower drop chances

• Like 2

Поделиться сообщением

oiso    2

EU community is PVP, not like russian that want farm half year for 1 toon to gear, like in retail. EU Server must be pvp like, in EU people don't like farm half year for get 1 toon, 1 set, to play properly, most succes server in EU and only noteable one is Not Aion and other that tried with PvE like retail failed

Поделиться сообщением

globosud    14
not aion is different, because it changed patches and because it had the system to reset the skill cd for duels. Goldaion's admin said there would never be that system here. Goldaion will always be 4.6 retail version.
The pvp is done if there are many players and if the players have a reason to go to the katalam and danaria, if they log in  only to do bastion pve and the siege, then when they have the end gear, they won't know what to do, because in bastion pve you can't do pvp  and in siege pvp isn't fun. The 4.6 is fun only if you force the players to stay in the katalam and in danaria. Important for pvp dont is end gear but have the same gear.I dont want 
that the new server will be like goldaion ru. where at 18/19 pm there were 1000 players online, and after the siege in game there were 100 players, and 
there was not
 pvp in tiamaranta eye, katalam and underground.
i prefer to do pvp in abyss 50 in katalam, eye, and underground, than to be full abyss 65 with all set +15 with double manastone and accessories +5 and then not knowing what to do, because you have no player to do pvp, as it is now goldaion ru, I have pg full end gear, but I write on the forum because in game there is nothing to do

I know a lot of servers x 5 - x 10 x 50, but they are all empty. aion legend function because it is not like retail version 4.6, because on aion legend you can do set +20. I repeat doing the set end gear in a month only works on not aion. but this is now official, gold aion will never be like not aion.

then many players played on not aion to learn pvp and to learn about new patches. Many players played at the same time both not aion and the official version. today that the 6.5 official version sucks also  not aion is empty

Поделиться сообщением

oiso    2

not aion still best server for EU there isnt atm other.

before 6.0 it had always 200 online, in 4.6 also had many 250+ online and thousand registered players playing.

but there isnt any eu server anymore expect not aion that is dying from version 6.5 almost noone like in EU/NA, there were some servers that were online for few nights then off cus noone liked retail like in EU. only EU server is beyond aion and its peak 40 player, dead german pve server and not aion only left also dead since 6.0. 

edit:  almost noone expect pve player like farm in EU PRIVATE server, or maybe some retail players ^^

Изменено пользователем oiso
  • Like 1

Поделиться сообщением

globosud    14
2 часа назад, globosud сказал:

ere

250+ online are too few to run an aion server like retail. To be a playable server, it needs at least 1500+ players online

Поделиться сообщением

oiso    2
5 minutes ago, globosud said:

250+ online are too few to run an aion server like retail. To be a playable server, it needs at least 1500+ players online

no EU server had ever more than 350+ online in peak

Поделиться сообщением

gesztenye    4

I might be reacting on this a bit late, but oh well...

I'm playing here together with my friend casually, I mean like 2 times a week, because we both are adults with family, work, and other interests. We appreciate that we can play on a server that throws us back to a time when Aion was a lot of fun, and we could take our time to gear up, level crafting, make money etc. Sadly we really can't spend more time just a few hours per week. I assume there are other players like us (who are around age 30) who come here for the nostalgia, and also can't afford spending hours every day playing, and if they do, they might want to make it a quality time instead of doing dailies to grind for gears, then log off. Resetting their achievments would be a bit much...

From my experience... games start going downhill when they start catering to those few people who spend 10 hours playing a day, level/gear up in less than a week, then do nothing but sit in chat the whole day and complain about being bored. There's nothing we can do about them. IMO it's not normal to consume a game so fast and then expecting the games to adjust their content to these players, when there are also players who take their time, enjoy the scenery, do the quests or just do some casual crafting and whatnot.

So as for my opinion, I'm just hoping GoldAion will be around for a long time, because our casual playstyle won't make us rush through the game and get bored soon. There's still a lot of things we want to do, regardless if there will be any changes with a new EU server or not. I know this is not a direct answer on the question, I just wanted to share my own viewpoint to show that there are players like this too.

• Like 4

Поделиться сообщением

GoldAion    951
В 08.06.2019 в 21:03, oiso сказал:

not aion still best server for EU there isnt atm other.

before 6.0 it had always 200 online, in 4.6 also had many 250+ online and thousand registered players playing.

but there isnt any eu server anymore expect not aion that is dying from version 6.5 almost noone like in EU/NA, there were some servers that were online for few nights then off cus noone liked retail like in EU. only EU server is beyond aion and its peak 40 player, dead german pve server and not aion only left also dead since 6.0. 

edit:  almost noone expect pve player like farm in EU PRIVATE server, or maybe some retail players ^^

Do you know online on that server? The figures tell everything themselves. There's no European private server with normal online. It's all because people do not stay on pvp  servers for a long time. What's the point of opening deliberately dead project? 

Поделиться сообщением

Пожалуйста, войдите, чтобы комментировать

Вы сможете оставить комментарий после входа в

Войти