It has been some months since I logged into Gold Aion. I was the leader of Dragon, the largest english-speaking legion on the Elyos side.
Many of the players I knew (myself included) quit because of the pay 2 win. It is possible to buy any amount of composite or even plume +10 from funpay.ru . At first only a few people left, they went to another Aion server which had much less pay 2 win--but as some people left, then more and more started to go. Whoever was selling on funpay.ru was either the owner, a GM, or someone who was duping because they can sell you as much as you want to buy. If you don't believe me, check my account. I bought two +10 plumes from my friend, who got them from funpay.ru and then he bought another two. In Aion official with thousands and thousands of people there were very, very FEW +10, but on Gold Aion there is many. Someone is either duping them or making them.
So, lets start here.
1. No Pay 2 Win, no GM selling on funpay.ru, and if someone is duping, ban that account and remove all associated items. When players smell this, they will leave.
2. No AFK events.
3. Increase drop rate to encourage people to farm in open world. In games it is good and fun to farm.. this is where we have pvp interaction while farming. I have no reason to kill shit in Katalam, Danaria, or even Idian Depths because the drop rates aren't that good.. but if they are good for manastones and other items then people will farm, and then pvp will also happen (not just in bloodmark camps). FARMING IS GOOD, BRING PEOPLE OUT TO FARM. Please stop with all the chests spawning in Katalam and Danaria events.. there are already mobs (enemies) to kill all over, just increase drop rates and change the loot tables.
4. Reset PVP ranks. Every three months is perfect, that's four seasons per year. Every single game today has a ladder that resets. You will never, never, never, get new players to come in after an Aion server has been open for some time because they see the ranks do not reset and there is no chance to catch up. Who wants to play catch-up to guys on a private server who have been playing for years? Nobody. I already recommended this 9 months ago on forum:
5. Stop blocking content because of forts. If Asmo own three upper abyss fort (MKA), they get 2 * 3 = 6 ceramium medals * 3 days per week = 18 more ceramium medals than Elyos. PER WEEK. = 72 ceramium medals per month. Ok, so, now they get a big benefit just from having it, but also they can run instance. You get 1 guaranteed ceramium medal per fort per day x3, plus on average you get 1-2 boxes during a 3 run MKA. That's 5 ceramium medals per day * 7 days = 35 ceramium per week * 4 = 140 ceramium medals. 140 + 72 = 212 ceramium medals. So, if you own MKA you can get about 212 more ceramium medals than the faction that does not. This is not balanced AT ALL. Also, that is THREE HOURS OF RUNNING DUNGEONS that the other faction cannot even do. Let the benefit of owning a fort just be that they can defend for extra ceramium. Anybody should be able to run the dungeon -- put the entrances at their respective Abyss bases (they did this on NA during several events, but make it perma). I made this suggestion 9 months ago also, twice:
6. Socketing is and always has been a problem, but gets exacerbated by composites because of their rarity. There needs to be a way to reliably socket gear with effort. Is it possible to put an NPC in the game who sells the Assured Socketing boxes for like 200m+ each? The Greater Supplements are pretty trash and everyone knows it. I have used them countless times and while it is supposed to grant a +15% additional rate, it really feels bad when they fail again and again. If you can't make an NPC sell them, I recommend adding them to the drop table for bosses ( and possibly mobs in certain areas ).
7. The Shop should not sell pay 2 win items. Cosmetic items, pets, mounts, EXP/drop amulets, titles etc., are OK. Things like socketing boxes are not (but players need ways to get 100% socketing IN GAME).
8. Do not make special events for Sieges. We already tried this and all it did was make people stop doing siege properly and only killing their own characters to get max reward (my videos of Sashenka doing this are gone on my old hard drive). Many of the top players on Elyos side were doing this to get the best rewards during the event.
There was a lot of effort put into Gold Aion. Bugs that plague other private Aion servers were fixed here (such as left click to rotate camera!!) so I know whoever was doing work behind the scenes was putting in the time to fix things. Also, everything ran so smoothly, it really was a retail-like experience.
edit: wanted to add, I like 2x rate the best. Higher than that and the game goes too fast, maybe even 1x is good. Please, do not implement free eternal weapon and armor, it makes the game too easy and then crafters have no reason to exist. I also recommend removing pink quests that have free gold weapon and boots. If you look on another private server you will see that crafting is a really big deal because they do not have these. It gives some players a purpose -- to craft (something else to do).